I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Back to Work for 1 day......

>> Tuesday, December 06, 2005

$31.50

This is the mediocre amount of money i earned today. The people from the company delayed my reporting time from 12 noon to 3 pm at 10.45 am when i had already left the house with my mum and sister. We were going to the temple to pray and were planning to having breakfast after that. The delay shifted our plans and we headed to Suntec to have porridge lunch buffet at Joaqium for only $9.90 per pax. The selection of food is quite a lot and we ate a rather large amount.

I got quite a bit of time to spare and we went shopping in Suntec before heading to my workplace in Novena. Coincidentally, i saw Kelvin there and had a brief chat with him. Headed to my workplace in Novena next and i was dispatched to a room where there were people pasting stamps on envelopes. I was thinking the job is very slack until the staff decided to transfer me to the office upstairs. I was then taught by a perm staff to refile documents from a stack of files and to label them.

An hour passed very slowly and i was really bored and tired of the repetitive procedures. If i was not moving my hands constantly, i would have fallen asleep immediately. While i was complaining constantly in my head about the job, i was suddenly asked to go back downstairs to help out with the envelopes.

My thinking was then twarted as a result coz there were actually tons of files for me to clear and my job would be quite secure if i were to continue doing it. When i was on my way back to the room with a lot of envelopes, i saw Miss Wong Sheau Ying! She was my jc gp tutor and is nowing working at The Learning Lab. She forgot my name and class, haha... I don't blame her though, considering the amount of students she had taught. I thought i used to be prominent for constantly sleeping in class? I guess not, ha... We had a very brief chat and then i went back to work which is to fold the application forms and slot them inside the envelopes. It was mundane as hell but luckily there were people to talk to inside as no boss were eyeing on us.

When we finished our pile, we were basically sitting around doing nothing as the forms were not printed out yet. I wasn't complaining at all, in fact i was hoping the forms would never come so that we can slack all day. My wishful thinking indeed, actually the chores we did were so simplistic that any secondary school kid could do. The job is an insult to our intellect right? Actually i wouldn't care less as long as the pay does justice to our qualifications.

Our nimble hands accomplished the task quickly after a batch of newly printed forms arrived. We wrapped everything at 7.30 pm and i had only worked for 4.5 hours. I asked our manager whether there will be work for us to do tomorrow and his reply was a probable no. No more work after half a day of work. Just shoot me. Diao...

0 comments: