I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Busy!

>> Saturday, February 04, 2006

Next thursday is the date of my performance and there was a rehearsal yesterday in the evening. After having my lessons from 8.30 am to 5 pm yesterday, i went for my rehearsal at 7 pm which ended at 9 pm. I was really very tired from the lack of rest and the mental exhaustion from the lessons.

My duet with a fellow cca member was cancelled as we did not sing matching keys together and that her voice was not really suitable for the song, A Whole New World. Huiqi then decided that i should sing Love, Me by Collin Raye instead. I think i've only heard the song once or twice before but i agreed since the song was easier to play using guitar and i did not have any other songs in mind.

After my lessons today, i spent 20 minutes practising the song but it's hard to grasp the tune in the beginning due to the many variations of singing style for each sentence. Went for my cca activity next and we were taught how to sing the song "Ai Shi Ni Yan Li De Yi Shou Qing Ge", a ballad remake by Guo Mei Mei and the original singer is Ke Gui Min, a local singer cum songwriter.

There was an unofficial rehearsal after our geyong activity and i rehearsed the song with my guitarist. The first time was really bad as i did not grasp the variations in tune for some lines properly. Luckily, with guidance from Fuli, i gradually fixed some of the problems that i faced while learning the song.

I've been repeating the song in my computer for hours already and i still haven't memorised every word of the lyrics yet.

There is going to be another rehearsal this sunday night! I better perfect my song unless i want to forget my lyrics during the actual performance.

2 comments:

Anonymous 4:33 PM  

Yea.. All the best for your perfomance.. Don't worry too much.. I know you can do it.. Cheers!!

Gunz 5:34 PM  

thanx, gd luck for your performance too!