I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Visiting Relatives

>> Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Went to my relative houses today to "bai nian" and my family ate a lot of new year goodies in each house. We cleared almost 1 container of shrimp rolls at my grandmother's house and ate a lot of bak kua as well. Since i don't have much to talk to with my aunties and uncles, my sister and i just sat down and ate.

We had dinner at my aunty's place and i played blackjack with some of my relatives. My parents were busy with their mahjong as usual. My luck was really bad in the beginning but it gradually got better and i gained back half the money that i lost.

After playing for about an hour, i went to watch my mum play mahjong as i had nothing better to do, besides watching tv. Most of my cousins were either married or still in primary school. There was a "lao jiao" (experienced) ah ma playing as well and it was quite interesting to see her complain in cantonese.

I waited for hours for them to complete their round of mahjong and they finally left at 3 am. I was tired but i'm quite accustomed to sleeping very late these few days.

My total haul of angbao is now 40. Ha...

2 comments:

NA 11:00 PM  

40 ang baos or 40 bucks? =)

Gunz 12:36 AM  

40 angbaos