I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

CNY Day 1 (Chu Yi)

>> Monday, January 30, 2006

Quite a lot of people came my house today and my total haul is currently 32 angbaos. Since 2 pm, people have been coming in and out of my house until about 2.15 am when everyone left.

Most of the adults downstairs were gambling blackjack or playing mahjong. I was interacting with my young cousins as usual in my room and they took turns playing maple story. One exceptionally naughty cousin started bouncing on my bed and throwing pillows, which started a harmless fight between me and the 3 young ones. The 3 of them tried to overpower me with no avail and they got thrown onto my bed one by one. They wouldn't stop and we were on top of my bed, trying to press each other down. So naughty right? I admit that i'm quite childish sometimes and i do like to play with children. (Please don't mistake me like Michael Jackson)

Anyway, after our ruckus and mischief, we were sweaty all over and my spectacles unknowingly slipped out from my face landing on the floor breaking into 2 pieces. It was the fourth time i broke my own spectacles! Arggg..... The first time was doing standing broad jump in 3 Guards when my knees bent my glasses out of shape as it fell out immediately after the jump. The second time was in Pulau Tekong acting as enemies for the guards officer conversion course when i placed my glasses on the ground beside my field pack, went to the toilet, came back, and split my glasses using my knees again while putting back my stuff into my field pack. The 3rd time was in Pulau Ubin with my fellow scouties when Jiekai accidentally swiped my glasses from my face and my frameless glasses had a rather visible crack after landing on the ground. Should i do away with fragile frameless glasses? Perhaps i should get a pair of specs which can hold more firmly instead.

Anyway, we all had quite a lot of food for dinner as my mum had food catered for 50 people. It was very "re nau" as there were many people. These are a few random pictures i took.

Adults gambling

Kids playing

After everyone left, i helped my mother to tidy up the house. Luckily my mother is not too superstitious as she swept and vacuumed the floor which has bits of litter and food lying around. Coz some people believe that sweeping the floor during Chinese New Year means sweeping away good luck.

2 comments:

NA 11:03 PM  

You dun like gambling? =)

Gunz 12:40 AM  

i dun like to gamble too much, a little is ok with me.