I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

The Week in Review

>> Saturday, April 01, 2006

I had 2 tests on monday, chemistry and maths, and after my intensive studying last weekend, they were both manageable. Met up with my aerospace project group after our lessons to design our glider for a competition next week and met up with my effective com group next for our last presentation rehearsal. My day started at 8.30 am and ended at 8.30 pm.

Tuesday, we had our presentations and our effective com teacher graded each of us immediately after that. Upon seeing i got an A-, i was initially quite happy but after knowing that one of my teammates got an A, my happiness was reduced by a certain extent. Ha... Can't avoid the natural competitiveness in me.

Wed was a really unlucky day for me when it rained heavily just before my lesson ended. I had to walk from South Spine to North Spine for the sheltered bus stop, almost slipped on some slightly flooded pavements, got blocked by many people when rushing to take the shuttle bus and missed it (most people were waiting for SBS 179), waited 20 minutes for the next bus (super long in my standards), saw 3 shuttle buses on the other side of the road pass by, and finally when i was on the bus, water from the air con kept dripping onto my clothes (didn't shift seats as the bus was packed). It took almost 1 hour for me to get back to my hall! Was fuming over my unluckiness. :(

Thursday, my group met up for the glider construction again after our lessons. We carved out openings in the fuselage to fit the wings, sandpapered the entire plane, shaped the edges, implemented the aerofoil shape on the original flat wings, pasted everything together delicately to make sure the plane was balanced and aligned, and when we finally tested flying the glider, it was a disaster! There goes our hours of effort as we worked so hard for it without any result. Now, we have to build another glider which will take up much of our time.


A photo of our failed glider

Friday, went out with Daryl, Liyuan and SW to West Mall to watch Ice Age 2 as Ly and i have 2 Eng Wah movie vouchers each which is expiring on 31 Mar (today). Ice Age 2 is a jovial animation about friendship, loyalty, romance and the global warming crisis. The ice caps are melting at a fast rate and the animals need to migrate to safer ground before everything gets flooded. The squirrel rat is the most entertaining animal in the entire movie but it appears for only one quarter of the movie. Although the other characters (mammoth, female mammoth, twin possums, sloth and tiger) are amiable characters, they just meet our standards as being typical, wholesome and family-oriented. The story is rather simple and its concept is old enough already. If only the squirrel rat could dominate the entire movie with its antics, stunts, chases and hilarous movements, this movie could be a blast. Instead, Ice Age 2 is just a chuckle but kids will surely love it.
***

0 comments: