I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Disaster Day

>> Thursday, April 20, 2006

First, it was the maths 2 paper. Among all the 6 past year papers i've done, i'm 100% sure that our paper was the HARDEST. It wasn't just a bit harder, it was MUCH harder. I'm sure there will be moderation as some of my clever course mates also complained about some questions that they didn't know how to do. There are tough trigo manipulations within polar coordinates that is converted from cartesian equation using multiple integrals, limits infused with D-operator plus variables of a, b and c, variation of parameters that require integration by parts for 4 times, and finally power series with a hard to solve denominator.

Nah, it's over so i shouldn't care about it.

Second, i almost got into an accident today. The 'stupid' barrier at Science carpark in NUS got some problem and couldn't open. As the car in front of me wanted to reverse out from the carpark as it cannot go in, i had to reverse as well, blocking the oncoming traffic. While i was concentrating on the oncoming traffic and the vehicles behind me when reversing, i did not notice an ambulance turning right from a side road on the left side of the road. So while i was reversing back to the lane i turned right from, the ambulance went behind my vehicle to turn right. If not for Gs, i might have reversed into the ambulance.

I was really quite lucky not to bump into the ambulance as the distance between my lorry and the ambulance is only a few cms.

Third, Gs, Terence and i decided to go Arts canteen for dinner and i was on my way out of the carpark. I tailgated a vehicle on my way out as the traffic outside the carpark was quite slow. Guess what, the 'stupid' barrier came crashing down on my lorry. I thought there is a sensor to prevent the barrier from coming down when vehicles are passing through. Bummer! I was really stunned as the barrier came down and knocked my lorry. The barrier stayed at the 45 degrees mark and i really thought i jammed the barrier. Reversing and moving forward didn't work and i reversed back into the carpark, letting a car behind me go first.

After i reversed fully, the barrier started to function normally again. I was so relieved to find out that i didn't spoil the barrier. Luckily the barrier had rubber linings around it so it didn't scratch my lorry or anything.

It's definitely a wake up call for me to start driving more cautiously and not be so impatient.

3 comments:

slbheng 2:51 PM  

It must have been the maths paper... Definitely. :-)

Hope that the results will turn out fine, after all those moderations!

Azure1984 9:18 PM  

Lol, some of the NUS facility are actually quite lousy...hahah. Anyway, good luck for te rest of your exam...

Gunz 2:28 AM  

hehe... gd luck for you guys papers too!