I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

My sis wedding (Part 1)

>> Monday, December 08, 2008

It has been a long day today and everyone is very tired due to the immense amount of preparations and customs involved. The wedding has been a great success and i hope that my sis and my brother-in-law will be happily married for the rest of their lives.

All of us woke up very early at 6 plus am as the groom will arrive at 6.30 am to receive the bride.

Obstacles Part 1: Main Gate

I must say that my sis 'jie meis' have done a very good job in all the numerous obstacles to prevent the groom from reaching the bride. The first barrier is the main gate to my house.

Hurdle 1: Making the groom and his brothers wear undies outside (like Superman)
Hurdle 2: Making the groom and his brothers write I 'heart' Hazel on the undies
Hurdle 3: Making the groom and his brothers sing a song, wiggle their bums across to my neighbour's house, and do pole dance.
Hurdle 4: Making the groom and his brothers smash dozens of plastic bottles of ice to find the key to the gate
Hurdle 5: Making the groom and his brothers search all over for the key after finding out that the key is not inside any of the bottles.

My sis jie meis and my bro in law and his brothers

With Superman undies

Obstacles Part 2: Main Door

My sis jie meis have prepared some special concoctions and unique sandwiches that will definitely cause some fiery sensations in the throat and nasal cavities.

Hurdle 1: Pinpointing a drawing drawn by my sis among around 6 drawings in 10 seconds
Result: Failure to identify -> Wasabi drink for all the brothers!

Hurdle 2: Question: How long in years, months, days and seconds have my brother-in-law known my sis? Answer in 30 seconds.
Result: Failure -> Wasabi sandwiches for all the brothers!

Hurdle 3: Saying 'I love you Hazel' in 10 different languages in 10 seconds
Result: Failure -> Concentrated lime juice for all the brothers!

Hurdle 4: Question: What is the degree of myopia of my sis? Answer in 3 seconds.
Result: Failure -> Drinking some black liquid which i haven't identified what it was

Almost all the questions are highly challenging so that the forfeits can be metted out. Kudos to the jie meis for thinking of all the challenging questions and the special brews and sandwiches.

Locked outside the main door

Finally entering my house premises and taking photo with my parents and grandma

Obstacles Part 3: Blockade at Stairway

More wades of cash were demanded to cross the blockade and my bro in law did a courageous move by stepping outside the staircase railing and walking along the thin strip of stair to cross the blockade. Nice move by my bro in law.

Staircase blockage

Obstacles Part 4: Sis room door

My sis jie meis demanded my bro in law to read a love contract which involves many rules and regulations and more cash was requested to enable entry to the door to receive my sis. Negotiations were ongoing and finally a settlement was reached.

Almost there

My sis waiting for the groom

Applause

Prayers for a blissful marriage

My sis and bro in law going to in laws house

The obstacles and forfeits had been very entertaining and it was fun to see all the pranks and tactics coming out.

0 comments: