I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Not again......

>> Sunday, August 28, 2005

David (Fan) asked me out today as he promised to treat me to a movie this weekend for not being able to attend my birthday party last saturday. We met at 7.15 pm to watch Napola at 7.40 pm but unfortunately, the tickets were sold out. Got the next timeslot at 9.45 pm instead.

I adjusted the watch strap which my army mates had given me at a shop in Lucky Plaza and went window shopping for some time as David was interested in getting a bag and a sweater. Had dinner at a food court after that.

Napola (National-Political Institute of Learning) is Hitler's elite academy for training German youths. The story is based on a promising and idealistic young boy who is admitted to Napola with tragic consequences. It is immersely engaging with the cast's superb performance and the series of events that follow. We identify with the characters as they go through rigorous training, inhuman punishment and strict regime. A heartfelt movie with great conviction that could have been really superb had it added the element of war. Napola sure is one of the better movies i've watched recently.

It was quite late when the movie ended and i was not very sure if i had missed the last bus from Orchard. I waited til around 12 midnight at the bus stop and decided to take mrt to Newton as there were still buses back home from Newton mrt. Waited a long 11 minutes for the last mrt heading towards Kranji. Got off at Newton and i saw my 2 buses 67 & 170 drove by around 50 metres away. I had no idea that they were the last buses! By the time i realised, i was practically cursing everything i laid my eyes upon. If only i ran a short distance to catch my bus, i wouldn't have to be in this state again. I was really really pissed with myself. Let's just say that i had a really really long walk to ease my temper.

0 comments: