I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

My Birthday Celebration!

>> Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today is not my birthday but it's my birthday celebration (My birthday is on the 25th Aug). Was worrying about the number of chairs, tables, amount of food, size of cake, number of people, location to cut the cake, number of plates and ways to entertain my family and friends. Tried to do a bit of homework in the afternoon but could not really concentrate doing it.

Gave up doing after a short while when my father arrived with more tables and chairs from my relative's place and we have to help arrange them. My relatives were very punctual and they arrived mostly around 6.30 pm. Stephen, Weilin, Jiayun and Xin Hui came soon after and i was getting more and more busy attending to my friends, welcoming my relatives, bringing drinks, etc. Weiming, Fuli, Bernard and David arrived next and i brought them to a room where they can rest and chat. Shilei and Weiting came a while later. My JC friends and army friends took the same bus to my house and arrived slightly after 7 pm. Qizhi, Say Yong, Sheng Hua, Anna, Yining and Wenyuan arrived later. I was rushing up and down to allocate them to a desired room and put down their stuff while having a little chat with each one of them at the same time. I'm really sorry that i couldn't spend more time with each of you, i really hope i had the chance to do so coz i haven't seen some of you guys for such a long time.

Although i was so busy trying to catch up with all of you, distributing poker cards and making sure everyone had some place to sit, i feel really happy that you guys turned up. Most of my friends were chit-chatting, playing pool, singing ktv, playing table soccer or playing poker cards, while my relatives were playing mahjong, watching tv and talking amongst each other at the porch.

Soon, it was time to cut the cake and i had to inform everyone to come down for the cake-cutting session.

Stephen had to leave for another birthday party and we took the photo before he left.

A picture of the Swensons ice cream cake

My family and my grandparents

My "Tong2 Gan1 Gong4 Ku3" fellow guardsmen!

My fabulous JC friends!

My great secondary school friends!

My 1st 3 months classmates! (minus Stephen)

My hostel roommate! (from my JC gang also)

My aunties!

My uncles!

My lovable cousins

My mischievous cousins

Wenyuan and his friend he brought along

My mother's side relatives

My additional aunties + my mum

After the long photo taking ceremony, it was finally time to cut the cake. The cake was really tough to cut as the inner layer of ice cream was well insulated from the surroundings. After bringing out the big kitchen knife, the task of cutting the cake became much easier.

After everyone had their share of the cake, most of my friends had to leave as they had to catch their buses or train before midnight. Only my jc friends were left as some of them were driving as usual. I brought a bottle of Absolute Vodka for them to drink and i was coerced into drinking quite a lot. I felt a little high and dizzy after that but my face did not turn red. My aunty informed me that it is probably because my blood circulation is not good enough. They had to drink several cups as well and Ade & Clarence's face turned rather red. We then watched the slide show again that GS had compiled comprising of photos we took all the way from JC til now which brought back quite a few fond memories. After burning some copies for some of them, they left shortly.

My young cousins took over the room after that and they helped me to unwrap all the presents that everyone gave.

Helped one of my cousins to cut his hair after request from my aunty. My relatives left shortly after they had enough of playing mahjong. Been clearing the mess and uploading pictures at http://photo.epson.com (ask me for the email to view the pictures as i do not want any other stranger to view them). I've also been writing this post for a long time and i hope i have the energy to do my increasingly hard tutorials tomorrow.

I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for attending my birthday celebration!

2 comments:

Anonymous 5:04 AM  

happy birthday, gun kiat! wish i were in singapore to celebrate your first birthday as a uni student together with you:)

Gunz 7:25 PM  

thanks! wish u were here too.