I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Movie Maniac

>> Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Watched Million Dollar Baby with Weiming on mon night as both of us were quite eager to watch the movie after it won Best Picture. We caught the 9.15 pm show at Bishan and left the theatre at 11.45 pm as the show was slightly over 2 hours and there was the usual 20 mins of advertisements in gv cinemas. We got to the mrt station at 11.50 pm but there were only trains heading to ang mo kio and toa payoh. I was originally planning to take a train to newton where i can take a direct bus back home but since there was no more trains going there, i shared a cab with weiming as he was going back to camp. The taxi driver took a long way and we went all the way down upp thomson road, going a rather big round to yishun. The midnight charge had already kicked in and i was looking at the price meter every 20 seconds. I reached home about 20 mins later after dropping off my friend at yishun and the fare is a whopping $20.75. My wallet is bleeding!!!

Went to watch Sideways at ps with jiekai today. I was late as usual because of the unpredictable waiting time for buses. Really can't stand the waiting time sometimes as buses seem to come later then usual when i'm in a rush. I was almost late for the movie as the show starts at 3.30 pm instead of 3.55 pm. I had checked the internet for movie timings for ps and it displayed 3.55 pm which was in fact the wrong timing. I arrived at 3.48 pm and because of the 20 mins adverts, i was spared of missing any part of the movie. Had dinner with jk after the movie and walked around for a while before we left the place. He was heading to the Substation for a free short film screening from 8 to 10 pm while i was going Cineleisure to watch another movie with daryl and liyuan. The movie is a french film, Les Choristes or the Choir Boys, which is nominated for Best Foreign film in the academy awards. I was the first one to arrive and liyuan was really late as he was caught in a traffic jam in the PIE. Daryl and i went into the theatre first and told liyuan to call us to pass him the ticket when he arrived. When he arrived around 20 mins after the movie had started, daryl tried to open the entrance door but it was locked. Ly had to call the staff to unlock the door before entering.

There, i've accomplished my mission of watching most of the movies that i want to watch during this oscar season.

0 comments: