I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Cheap Sports Apparel!

>> Friday, March 18, 2005

Spent the whole day at home on thursday and wondered why the telemarketing company hasn't called me for the training yet. Called them and they told me that daryl and i are still selected, but they haven't allocated us for training yet. They called me later in the day to inform me that i'll be going for training next monday morning at 9 am and will be officially starting work next tue. Spent the rest of the day chatting and playing online games.

Woke up quite early to go for the adidas sale at expo today. Ks and i reached at 10.50 am and there were already quite a lot of people queuing outside the hall. We waited for around 15 mins before entering the hall and had to deposit our bags at the bag deposit counter. When we entered the hall, there were already like a few hundred people inside and many people were crowding at the counters asking for shoes and bags. We were at loss on where to start our shopping and i was kind of disheartened to see so many people. We went looking for the stuff we like and my height does serve quite useful to see the shoes, bags, or tees displayed behind the counters. I picked up a pair of sandals and a pair of shoes and saw kev with quite a lot of shoes and some clothes, wristband and bag. He had been here since 10 am and was the first 10 people to enter the exhibition hall. I left the shoes i picked with him since he was sitting down waiting for his friend. I picked some more shoes but some of them do not have my size. I picked up my pace and scanned through the entire hall for cheap bargains and nice apparel. After around 1 hour of shopping, we gathered at the common spot where all 3 of us were choosing the things that we really want and calculating the total costs.

I decided on a pair of running shoes that costs $100 there but costs $249 outside, adidas original shoes for $50, sandals for $30 and a climacool polo tee for $20. Total Cost = $200. Rather expensive but i'm willing to spend it because i don't have many shoes at home to wear. We then queued for the cashier where there were around 100 people in front of us. Kev, ks and i then queued at 3 different rows so that we can jump over to the person who is at the fastest queue. We waited, waited and waited for around 1 hour 40 minutes before getting near the cashier. Kev and i decided to transfer to ks's queue, as ks is almost reaching the cashier.

When i stepped right next to ks, the person behind him snapped at me saying "What do you think you are doing?" I was taken aback by his sudden hostility and replied "He is my friend." He then snapped back at me with a "So?!" I was thinking what should i reply this bitchy guy with and i said "He's paying for me, cannot meh?!" Inside, i was fuming. Well, i had queued for around the same time as him and he didn't need to vent his pettiness on me. He and his friend just didn't have the brains to split and find a shorter queue. That was not the straw that broke my back in fact. They were being sarcastic, nasty and spiteful saying comments behind our backs like "Some people study so many years also no use.", "Some people just wanna cut queue, no morals." and "What can we do when people are so barbaric?"

Kev and ks were talking and they did not hear the things that they said. My face was as black as Bao Qing Tian but it was no use because i was facing in front and not behind. When we finished purchasing our stuff, i really wanted to turn around and shout "#$@$^%#^&$^Y@$$R@$!##@%@$%@$^#%^#%&$^&$^@$#!!@$@#%#$^%&^$&#%^@#$!$@$%@$^%@$%@#$^$^&$^&#%@##@$%@$^%*%&(&^)(^*(O%^#$%@#!@#!@%$@$^$&^&*&%*#%@$!#$#@%#$@^#%^&$%&^$8$^*%&(^*(^*($^$@$@#$!@$%#$^^%&^(%&%#"

I didn't do it in the end because we were partly at fault as well. I just have to accept the fact that some people are just not as gracious as us ;) We redeemed our free Adidas water bottles in the adjacent hall (1 bottle comes with every $50 in a single receipt) and got our bags from the collection point. We then took a cab to tampines and had our lunch there. Went home lugging our individual large baggages.

Took a few photos of my brand new shoes and tee as well.

1 comments:

Anonymous 1:16 PM  

Many coupons on sports wears I have seen at CouponAlbum site from many stores like Dick's Sporting Goods, EastBay and Sports Authority...