I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Another weekend

>> Monday, March 07, 2005

Saturday, went to shop for kp's birthday gift as his bday is on sun. Most of us arrived late as expected. Clarence and i went wandering in paragon and heeren looking for some suitable gifts while waiting for derrick and gs to arrive. After they arrived, we did more window shopping and wandered in the various shopping centres in orchard and finally decided to settle it in Far East Plaza. It was already 6 pm and my back became really sore after walking up down left right in out of the shops in shopping centres. Had quite a long time driving on friday and the long walking aggravated my back muscles. The 4 of us were rather indecisive and it took us a long time before buying the 1st gift. Derrick was having his own shopping spree as well. He bought a $100 bag from project brothers shop and a $20 t-shirt in far east. The 2nd gift was purchased at pacific plaza. (I cannot reveal what the gifts are as he might be reading this) Finally, we finished our long and tiring shopping trip at around 8.15 pm. We were all very hungry and were finding a cheap food court to have our dinner.

We wanted to go kp's house to pass him his gifts but he was not in and we were driving on the road aimlessly. We were on Scotts road, then bukit timah road, then upper bukit timah road, then went past my house, exit to bke through dairy farm road, entered kje, went choa chu kang, then jln bahar, and finally lim chu kang road. I suggested going to hunt for the paranormal but the rest were not keen. I took control of the steering wheel after gs got sick of driving. It was only my 2nd day of getting my license and i was driving! I drove into ntu and derrick became the tour guide of the gigantic school. He also showed me and clarence where to get off from the bus for our medical checkup later this month. We got off from the car and walked around the canteen near the medical centre where there were quite some people studying there. We went inside a building and there was a big study room with a few people inside. I can say that the environment in ntu is rather conducive for studying. We left after a short while and decided to go back home since derrick still has quite a lot of incomplete schoolwork. I drove gs and myself back home and was travelling up to 100 km/h on the expressway. It was harder to control the car at this speed and a slight movement on the steering wheel will have a rather big effect on the direction of the car. The steering wheel was harder to turn compared to the cars in the driving school though.

Sunday, went orchard to watch Team America: World Police with weiming. I was stuck in a traffic jam along scotts road and orchard road and was late for 40 mins. I was waiting for the elevator at cineleisure when i saw Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen waiting as well. They were holding their hands and i was rather surprised to see them at such a public place. There were quite a lot of people who noticed them but did not ask for autographs or such things. We went inside the same lift and i was standing beside Michelle Chia in the lift. It felt a bit weird as i had never been so close to a celebrity before. She was about a head shorter than me but i did not look at them directly. The elevator's door is a mirror and i was catching some glances of them from the reflection. I was also listening to their soft but audible conversation as i was beside them. They were not speaking chinese, in fact they were speaking cantonese, i think. I don't know cantonese at all so i don't know what they were talking about. I got out from the lift at level 4 while they went to level 5 to buy movie tickets i presume, as Shaun pressed level 5 when he was on the lift.

A rather uneventful weekend for me.

0 comments: