I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Restless

>> Saturday, January 15, 2005

Another very busy week for me in Mindef. I think i photostated more than 50 pieces of documents, faxed several sheets, e-mailed quite some people and answered a lot of phone calls. The lowest point in the week was on Wednesday. I was really busy that day and my boss did not let me go for life activities at 4 pm. Actually, liyuan and i planned to watch a movie after sneaking off at 4 pm but due to my workload, i stayed until 5.30 pm as usual. I felt quite bad for liyuan as he waited for me from 4 to 5.30 pm so that we can watch Meet the Fockers together. This is not the worst, i found that i lost my temp pass when i reached the bus-stop all the way down the hill. I was really anxious and decided to report the loss at the main guardroom. However, the MP there told me to report it the next morning as the MPs in charge of passes are not around. I decided to search the route where i walked down from. I ran all the way up to the entrance of Mindef building and ran all the way back to the guardroom. My temp pass was nowhere to be found though. Time check: 6.10 pm. We headed to Causeway point immediately after that to catch the show. We were just on time for the 6.45 pm show but did not have time to eat dinner before the show.

After the show, i wan't feeling that anxious anymore although MTF is not a very funny show.

Was visibly tired the next day coz i slept at around 12 midnight. I had to watch the Amazing Race no matter what. I'm an avid fan of reality shows, would watch Survivor, America's Next Top Model, Fear Factor and American/Singapore idol if i have the chance.

I exchanged my 11b for a visitor pass on thur. I also requested for a Loss/Defacement of Temp/Permanent Passes form. I was a bit stunned when i read that i have to pay $50 for the loss. I was really disturbed by the fact that i had to part $50 just for that. I also asked the MPs if anyone found temp passes but they said no. I reported for work after that and was late for around 15 mins. I also told my boss that i lost my temp pass and she told me to go look for it. I was thinking where i could have lost it and thought maybe i could have thrown it into a dustbin when i was throwing a plastic bag into a dustbin outside Mindef building. Thus, i headed to scour the dustbin for my temp pass if i had really thrown it away. Luckily, a roadsweeper uncle was in the vicinity and i requested for trash bags to contain some rubbish while i was rummaging through them. My bmt friend who is a MP in Gombak camps noticed my unsightly behaviour and approached me to find out what i was doing. I was pleasantly surprised to find him here after nearly 2 years without contact after bmt. He is a very nice chap and helped me to pour the rubbish into the empty trash bags while i was searching. Luckily, there were not much people outside as most of them were working inside the building already. If not, i would be most embarrassed.

After about 20 mins, i gave up as my temp pass was definitely not in the 2 dustbins. We hanged around for a while after washing our hands to find out more about each other's lives and stuff and i gave him my handphone number so that he can contact me if any of his fellow MP mates found my temp pass.

I was constantly pissed with myself for being so careless to clip my temp pass loosely on the left hand pocket of my smart 4. My boss also told me not to report the loss so early as someone might have found it and handed it to the MPs. I heeded her advice and went to see the lost and found box at the guardroom, south and main entrance of Mindef building everyday during teabreak and lunchtime and when i'm going home. I was disappointed everytime i checked though.

The good news is that i only have to live with that for 2 days. This morning at around 1.23 am, Jia yi, my bmt friend smsed me that he found my temp pass at M block. A person from 1??th Sqn found it and handed it the the MP in his camp. Remember there are 3 camps in the Gombak area? The person who found it was not from Mindef and the camp had possession of my pass. Luckily, Jia yi had asked his MP mates guarding the building about my temp pass. I was really estatic to know that i won't have to pay $50! He said he will pass my pass to the main guardroom and i will be able to collect it on mon morning. I'm so glad to have met jia yi again and really appreciated what he has done.

It's Saturday today! Another long week at Mindef is gone and lian guo is coming back next mon after extracting 2 of his wisdom teeth this tue. My workload will definitely reduce with him around.

Originally planned to go swimming this morning but there were quite a lot of clouds and did not go. Going out later to watch a movie. What else is there to do in Singapore?

0 comments: