I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

New House

>> Saturday, January 29, 2005

I'm finally settled in my new house after days of packing. My maid also arrived this tue. She is only 19 years old and she is from Indonesia. A nice and hardworking girl but a bit slow. Cannot blame her also coz she is inexperienced, and only had one previous employer. My wireless internet is set up yesterday, kudos to my sis bf. Now my internet connection is very fast, can download 1 mp3 in only around 30 seconds. Downloaded around 4 chinese albums so far tonight.

Went Ikea yesterday night with my sis and her bf. Did not buy a lot of stuff coz some of the prices are rather expensive, and the bad thing is that we have to assemble the furniture ourselves. Paid a delivery fee of $40 and the glass cabinets, mirrors and table will be arriving next mon. Did not find the white plastic table and chairs which we wanted to buy. They are supposed to be put on the open air 4th storey for bbq, scenery viewing, suntanning or whatever things.

The next on our list of things to buy is pool table. Our living room is very spacious and i think a pool table would fit nicely inside. Should be buying 8 or 9 feet table, depending on the prices. I should be paying for the pool table, considering the amount of money my father had already spent on the house. My sister has suggested that we buy from factories coz the retail shops that sell them have prices that are considerably higher.

Went dental ffi at Selarang camp today and came late, as usual. I arrived at 8.45 am, 15 mins later than the stipulated timing. Met jiekai, alwin and lumpy at the guard room. I was glad i was not the only one late or else i wouldn't know where to go. Felt really happy to see them and was telling them about my ns experience in Mindef. It was a stressful and mentally tiring experience but i think it was still worth it as i experienced office life and know how sian office work is. If i were given a choice to go 3 guards or mindef, i would still choose 3 guards because i choose physical exhaustion over stress anytime. Stress is extremely bad for the body, while physical activities build up our bodies. My health has been going steadily downhill after i went Mindef. I don't have time to exercise, i get stressed up, i eat slightly more unhealthy food and have a less balanced diet than in 3 guards. I think that is why i got sick last week. Anyway, NS is coming to an end soon. I will be having my last day in Mindef on 1st feb and will be going back bedok camp for medical ffi next mon. I think the clearance will have to be done on the 18th and 25th of feb. The bad thing is that we have to come back on the 15 and 16 of march to help out in 12th mono-intake BMT passing out parade. I wonder if i can dye my hair and go back bedok camp? When i saw most of my platoon mates today since mid Dec, one thing distinctively different is the length of their hair. Most of them had sported longer tresses. For me, i think i look awful in long hair and i still do cut it once every week. My hair at the back has grown rather long though. Most of us went to eat breakfast at tampines after our dental ffi. It's like going out with a group of long lost friends although it has only been around a month and a week since leaving bedok camp for Mindef. We should be going out together as a platoon next mon after our medical ffi, hoping to spend more time with them soon.

Woke up at 6.40 am today because my house is very far away from selarang camp. I took bus 184 to clementi mrt station, then took train to tanah merah and finally took bus 2 to selarang camp. I miss the days when transport was so convenient for me.

Gonna ORD very soon, and the 2 things on my mind are jobs and driving license. Should be going BBDC to apply for school next weekday. Hoping for some lobang to miraculously appear and earn more than $1000 a month. Haha..... I know it's like searching for a pin in the sea but what the heck, maybe i'll slowly find such a job when i'm learning driving. Gotta plan ahead but, well since we are the 1st batch of ORD personnel, i can't seem to feel the pressure of finding a job. I think it will probably hit me when i'm in the house lazing around and bored to death in the weeks ahead.

ORD lo..........

Some pics of my new house (my room, living room and staircase)





0 comments: