I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Temptations

>> Sunday, March 12, 2006

After extensive research on digicams on sat night, i decided to buy canon ixus 60 at the IT Show on sunday.

Went out with my family today to pray at a temple and after sending my sister back home, i went to Sim Lim Square to compare the prices of digicams as i already know the prices from the brochures at the IT Show. After asking the price of Canon Ixus 60 at several stores in Sim Lim, i found out that it was actually cheaper here compared to the IT Show. IT Show was selling at $599 with quite a lot of freebies but Sim Lim was selling at just ~$540 with memory card and digital kit bag. I had originally intended to meet Edwin and Terence at the IT Show but i decided not to meet them there and informed them of the cheaper prices here.

Edwin was going to buy some other computer stuff at the IT show and i waited for him at Sim Lim as we planned to buy digicams together.

I did my tutorials in a cafe at a less crowded section of Sim Lim Square for around 2 hours. Next, we searched for the stores selling cheaper digicams and Edwin decided to buy Canon Powershot A430 for slightly less than $300. Quite a worthy camera with 4x optical zoom, 4 megapixels and a cheap price tag.

My turn to decide. I was weighing the pros and cons of buying Canon Ixus 60 although i really like the design, colour, image quality, high resolution, quick processor, optical viewfinder, fast shutter speed, small size, large and bright lcd screen, etc...

This minimalistic camera is so tempting when i hold it. Got a compulsive urge to buy it but after thinking for some time, i decided that it is totally unnecessary for me to buy another digicam.

I must find a very well paying job in the may, june, july holidays so that i can SPEND, SPEND and SPEND without so much hesitation. Hahaha....... Can't hardly wait.

Should be going to Taiwan in July this year with my jc classmates! Jetstar Asia is holding a Super Summer promotion which has air fares starting from $8 which excludes airport tax. The travel period is only from 1 July to 30 Sep this year and the promotion lasts until 14 March. Very good deals indeed. It costs $230 for the 2-way trip including airport tax to Taipei but we have to settle our own accommodation. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

0 comments: