I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Desperate Slacker

>> Friday, April 08, 2005

Went for the GHS interview with clarence yesterday morning. Found out that the $63 per day rate is not inclusive of the $7 transport fee. So the total earned per day is a whopping $70. However, we do not know whether we are selected for the job or not. Another good thing is that the working hours is flexible, we can go to the specified households anytime we want as long as we meet the quota of 4 households per day. The bad thing is that the training only starts on 25th of april which is around 2 and a half weeks later. Also, the people that we are required to survey might not be around and it's highly possible that we need to work at night after they go back home from work.

Went swimming with ks and jy at geylang east swimming pool after the interview. The pool is very new and there are also some built shelters beside the pool instead of the conventional umbrellas. The weather was really hot and suitable for suntanning. We left at around 2.15 pm and had lunch at a nearby hawker centre before going back. Passed by several massage palours along dunno what lorong geylang where the china girls were at the entrance beckoning passersby "Sir, $30 for 1 hour, you want?" to enter. I quickened my pace as i was alone coz i wanted to take a direct bus home from the main geylang road instead of taking the train. It was a bad decision as the weather was freaking hot and the people around the area were mostly older men and there were several women with rebonded hair, make-up and revealing outfits which made me feel rather uncomfortable. Came back home with a sunburnt face. The search for jobs continue.

I need to find another job soon even if i'm selected for the survey job. My ex-company has not called me yet and i don't think they will call me since it has been a few days already. Why is it so hard to find a job? Perhaps i'm too picky. I don't wish to work during weekends unless it's a half day on saturday, i don't want my workplace to be far from home and i have a minimum expectation of $6 per hour. Called many companies in classified and some job agencies. I'm getting desperate! Somebody give me a job!

0 comments: