I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

The Uncertainties of Life

>> Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm sure everyone has heard of the worst natural disaster in recent history. It's really sad to know that so many people died. More than 20,000 people died and the figures will definitely rise. Here, we are all living in Singapore safe and sound, sleeping our heads off when the disaster took place at 8 am. Lives gone in a blink of a second, loved ones lost before they can say good bye. Watched news on Channel 5 and listened to the survivors' encounters with real sorrow and pity for the people who perished. Maybe this is a punishment on the human race for the recent spat of terrorist activities. Terrorists killing innocent victims in Thailand, JI terrorists constantly organising bomb attacks on Western affiliations, companies and embassies in Indonesia, Muslim radicals targeting US army in Iraq and a long list continues.

Life is definitely uncertain so just enjoy life and not let anger, negative thoughts and stress deprive the happiness that we all are entitled to. What good can you achieve with constant arguments, disagreements or negativity that we habour against certain people? Nothing! Anyway stress is really harmful to our bodies as it decreases our immunity against diseases, decreases our libido, makes us more prone to acne and makes our bodies age faster. So just be happy everyday. Laughter can double the production of antibodies and make us look more radiant. I sound like a health freak don't i? Haha.... I think i sound more like a doctor :)

Speaking about laughter, I watched Kung Fu Hustle on Sun and it's really damn funny and entertaining. The show is really a blast and watching it will be a great way to de-stress. Stephen Chow is really a comedic genius. Well, also on the topic of stress, i was giving myself a lot of pressure when i was at work in Mindef today. The assignments that needed to be done, the large amount of details required to type the reports, the lack of information on how to do them had almost killed me. A part of it was because of my lack of sleep. I wasn't sleeping enough these few days because of my bad sleeping habits and this computer that tempted me to give up some of my sleeping time. Yesterday night was my cousin's wedding so i wasn't entirely at fault ;)

I haven't exercised in like 2 to 3 weeks and I'm still as slim as before, muahaha. Ya, of course i have a high metabolism since my appettite is huge. I just hoped that my work in Mindef wasn't so busy that i don't have much free time to exercise. I wonder what my uni mates would think if i told them i was from Guards while looking like a unhealthy bamboo. Well, my tan from my swimming session last time haven't faded completely yet so i guess i still look quite healthy and not too obvious that i don't exercise much nowadays. It's 12 midnight again and i haven't gone to bed, it's about time.

0 comments: