I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

The Good and The Bad

>> Friday, August 03, 2007

I'll start off with the bad. I can't stand my supervisor anymore. I almost died of anger and frustration in the office today. Why must my supervisor be that particular guy? He looked harmless and jovial in the beginning. Among the 20 odd people in the department, anyone else would be a FAR better supervisor. I'm sorry that I'm not your HIGH quality student on IA who knows everything. You certainly expect too much from someone who only knows the basic knowledge of aircraft engines.

Yesterday afternoon, he demonstrated a step of creating standard text into the SAP system. Today, i performed the same step and got scolded for it. He said that was just an example and I should use my brains. I'm sorry, with no clear instructions from you, what else did you expect me to do? I'm not a SAP software expert either.

Next up was the killer. He asked me why i did not make a change to a column in a particular table and what the column represents. Thank you for asking me a question which you never taught me before. You are the best teacher ever! I replied i don't know as i really do not know what that column represents. He retorted in a sarcastic manner and asked me "What's your name?" I almost burst into flames after that sarcastic, insensitive, and plain rude remark. Am I a 14 year old boy to you? Obviously i ignored the sarcastic question and continued amending the errors.

I was breathing so heavily after that conversation with my supervisor. I couldn't take it anymore and was so burning with rage. That's just the dark side of working life. Lucky ones get good supervisors who teach their employees PROPERLY, while unlucky ones suffer in silence under the control of domineering bosses.

I'm sorry i am unable to suffer in silence. I must let out my frustrations or else I'll get heart attack very soon. Complained to my closer colleagues in the office and i definitely felt much better after their advice. Even the head of the department knows about the stress i am getting and he advised me to take it easy and ask more questions when in doubt. I did ask quite a lot of questions to my supervisor before as he seemed quite friendly before. But he will nag and nag at me complaining that I "no good ah". I took it in my stride during the first week as i didn't have too many tasks for him to complain about. Now, the effects are full blown as SAP requires quite a lot of expertise and some of the processes are very tedious.

Anyway, my other colleagues are really nice, warm and friendly. Went out with the whole bunch of them after work and we went to the famous Eng Seng Restaurant (actually it's a hawker centre) along Still Road for crabs as Richard from Rolls Royce is leaving soon. The crabs are really fresh and the sauce is thick and spicy. I prefer the black pepper crabs as it is loaded with pepper and the black sauce mixed with crab meat is heavenly indeed.

Next up was Siglap for coffee. We chatted until about 10 pm and i sent 3 of my colleagues home after that. Had a frustrating day but enjoyable night. Hopefully things will turn for the better next week. (At least my supervisor did not write bad comments in the IA logbook)

0 comments: