I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Busy Day

>> Sunday, August 12, 2007

Went to sing ktv at kbox cine in the morning with Ks and we went for some shopping after that. Bought another G2000 shirt and it is quite worth it as the original price of the shirt (with cufflinks) was $59 and it’s now at a discounted price of $23.

Headed to Maju Camp next for my ippt as my window period for ippt will be closing in less than 2 weeks time. It was a really dreary feeling when I entered the camp as I feel anxious and worried, quite similar to the feeling when I’m unprepared for a test. Anyway, being the kiasu one, I was one of the first few who registered for the number tag. Became James Bond for 1 hour 15 minutes as my number tag was 007.

I didn’t prepare much for my ippt and I was quite glad with myself for passing all the 4 stations. Trained for my chin-ups just 1 week before as chin-ups has always been my weaker station. I’m too lazy to run as usual and it had been almost a year since I ran anything more than 1 km.

Ok, the 2.4 run was really bad for me. After running about 2 minutes, I felt an excruciating pain from my stomach that I almost wanted to give up halfway. I was practically walking mostly throughout the rest of my route. At the last round, 2 guys overtook me and 1 of them said to me “Commando, you walk” in a mocking fashion. Firstly, I’m not from Commando. Secondly, I’m wearing Guards pt attire.

I was rather surprised that he said that to me. Later, I realized that most of the rest taking ippt were wearing normal pt attire and I probably appeared more prominent since I’m tall as well. Was a little embarrassed with myself after crossing the finishing line as many of the people ran faster than me. Many of them were older than me as well. I gotta exercise (especially run) more!

After the ippt, i headed back home to shower before going back out to watch movie with Stephen. We watched Disturbia, a thriller which involves voyeurism and crime. The show starts with a horrific traffic accident that introduces the young and rash Kale. Next, he gets convicted for assault and is punished to be under house arrest for 30 days. Voyeurism gets the better of him and he notices his hot neighbour as well as another neighbour who seems to be a suspicious character who had previously committed some murders.

The show is humourous in the first half and thrilling in the second half. Character development is the key for making this movie work and it makes us feel for the characters and the circumstances that they are going through. The videocam sequence is chillingly real and it scared the hell out of most people in the theatre. Shia LaBeouf does a good job as the lead of the comedy and scare fest combined. An intriguing and compelling show with some really good scares indeed.

***1/2

0 comments: