I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

JB Day 2

>> Monday, July 30, 2007

28/07/07

We woke up at about 1 pm on Saturday as we slept very late the night before.

Lazing around after we woke up

Ys's mum brought us to a famous ba kut teh stall and we ordered a total of 5 dishes. The food is 'yummilicious' indeed.

Tucking into our brunch

After our breakfast cum lunch, we headed to Jusco Shopping Centre or Tebrau City for some shopping. Ys bought several ktv discs to top up his collection while Aaron bought some anime discs and i got myself a movie dvd for just RM12.90.

Next, we went to G2000 and spent around 45 minutes inside the shop. There was a weekend sale of 50% for most of the items and we got ourselves quite a lot of shirts. The price isn't much cheaper compared to Singapore and they are about the same actually. Anyway, i bought two more long sleeve shirts and my current wardrobe of shirts should be sufficient to last me a few more months for my attachment.

We then headed to the go-kart circuit after our shopping.

Cute rabbits in a container outside the go-kart shop

Go-kart star!

The circuit

The price of the go-kart ride is RM35 per pax during weekends and RM30 during weekdays, i think. We wore the helmets and off we went. I was the first to set off and i throttled the engine slowly as the others were still at the starting point. When i saw them push ahead, i revved my engine but was too late. Aaron and Qy had overtaken me. Shucks! Shouldn't have waited for them to start together. Ha... The last time i drove a go-kart was in Batam and I learnt the technique of drifting. However, the technique i used to have seemed to have vanished into thin air.

I was getting used to the turns and bends for the first 2 rounds and started to push my limits. Thus i drove too fast at a sharp bend and skidded twice when i braked hard. That made me lose quite a bit of momentum as my go-kart had to start from very low speeds.

After 10 minutes of go-karting, i still couldn't catch up with Aaron and Qy and was in 3rd place. The rest had done the go-karting once before i arrived.

We then proceeded to the shophouses opposite Taman Sri Tebrau to buy the carrom striker and discs.

Sunset

Newly built houses with no occupants

In the car

After buying the things, we proceeded back to Ys's house as Ys's grandma had prepared dinner for us.

Having our dinner

After our meal, it was carrom time and Qy displayed his superior carrom skills. I was unpredictable as i could be good for one moment and terribly lousy the next.

Carroming

After playing several rounds of carrom, we played bluff with poker cards. While i was the bluff champion during my Vietnam trip when we had nothing to do, i realised that different players had different tactics and my tactics doesn't seem to work as well as i predicted.

We then had movie screenings throughout the night. First was The Prestige which all of us enjoyed thoroughly. The acting was superb and the storytelling was immensely engaging. The hatred between the two magicians acted by Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman was so achingly real and we were discussing the movie fervently after it. The ending was rather controversial and we were discussing whose side we were on after the show.

Next up was The Covenant which i tried to persuade everyone NOT to watch it due to really sucky reviews but Aaron was adamant on watching it. Obviously, everyone disliked the show and we were all condemning it afterward. I shall not insult everyone's intelligence by even discussing the plot.

We slept at around 3.30 am after the 2 movie screenings.

0 comments: