I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Broke....r

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Spent valentine's day at home coz i'm sick and don't wanna go out. I just want to spend a day recuperating. But i was feeling really bored in the afternoon coz i didn't have much to do. So bored that i played my gameboy which i didn't touch for months since i went Mindef. Got a bit of a headache after playing for around 1 hour and started walking around my house as i felt a little dizzy staring at certain spot for some time. Jogged for 15 mins on the 4th storey of my house as the wind was really refreshing and felt that i needed to work those lazy muscles of mine. Felt much better and energized after that mini workout. At night was less boring as there is a new Channel 8 drama at 9 pm and Desperate Housewives at 10 pm.

Tuesday, went out with Kok Sheng to Sim Lim Square as i needed to buy a dvd burner and a lcd monitor. The monitor i am using presently is around 8 years old and many people have commented on the lack of sharpness of the monitor. I definitely agree as i cannot see the details of really dark photos clearly when i transfer the pictures from my camera to my computer. Thus i decided to splurge my money on a new lcd monitor. I was collecting a lot of brochures so that i could compare the prices between different shops. I got my BenQ Dvd burner promptly after entering a shop which sells $10 less than the market price of $129. Next up, i got 10 dvd-r for $12 and a dvd-rw for $4. After that, i began my search for shops selling cheap lcd monitors. I had already gotten info from Lloyd that Samsung and Viewsonic lcd monitors are amongst the best brands in the market and that Samsung should be the brand coming out tops but is more expensive than other brands. Started asking individual shops for their prices and found out that Samsung monitors costs only around $20 more than other brands. Decided on a model 710N Syncmaster as recommended by a saleperson. Flipped through the brochures to check out the market price ($439) and went various shops to search for those selling it cheap. Found a shop selling it for $427 but it was currently out of stock. Headed to another shop selling it for $432 and asked for a discount but was declined. Thus, i decided to come back another day for it. Walked around Bugis for some time before heading back home. Bought speakers for $7 and a usb extender for $4 as well. Gotta buy what is needed as i don't go Sim Lim Square often.

After i reached home, i spent a few hours dismantling my CPU, examining the structure of the cd component, the fastened nuts which cannot be unscrewed, the origin of the wires connected to the back of my old cd-rom drive and the unused connections for new cd drives. I was unscrewing, screwing, tugging and examining but to no avail. I just couldn't dismantle the cd component and put the new drive inside the CPU. I was about to give up when i got an idea, take out the old cd-rom drive and put in the new one. Felt rather stupid that i didn't think about earlier. I was just fixated on putting the new drive inside underneath the old cd-rom drive where there are 2 slots available for new drives. Installed Nero burning software and a few programs from the cd provided. Started my chain of burning cds from Jay Chou's ktv to his concert, to some chinese albums, to some data files and finally some english albums. Slept at around 4 am.

Went out with Liyuan to watch Bayside Shakedown 2 at Causeway Point today. Didn't have much to do after the movie and left for home. Got driving in the afternoon tomorrow and friday. Gotta sleep already. Zzzz........

0 comments: