I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Broken

>> Monday, February 21, 2005

Learnt driving on thursday and friday and completed my final evaluation. I was able to book my driving test and booked it on 18 mar 7.25 am to 8.55 am. I was considering other slots as the time is too early and there will be a lot of cars in the early morning. Found a 15 mar slot with the same time but eventually booked a slot on 22 mar as the time is much better.

Went out with my secondary classmates, Jieli, Shilei, Weiting and Kiang Peng for a farewell lunch in Marche Heeren as Jieli is going back Australia for studies. There is now a rule in the restaurant such that we need to spend $10 and above per person. However, we can combine 2 cards to make it $20 and above, eg if person A eats $6 of food and person B eats $15 of food, person A need not spend additional $4 to make his bill $10 as he can combine with person B's card to make it above $20. Anyway, i ordered rosti as usual and had a banana sweet crepe to make my bill $9.90. The rest ordered quite of food. The ambience there was nice and we spent around 2 hours inside chatting and eating. Took a photo there as well.

After our lunch, we headed upstairs to take a neoprint. I was actually against the idea as Shilei and i have digital cameras and we do not need to pay money to take photos from our cameras. The queue was rather long and KP and i seem to be the only guys in the neoprint shop. It costs $9 for a piece of neoprint approximately the size of 4 poka cards. The machine have instructions in Japanese and luckily some of them knew the language to a certain extent. They spent some time decorating the photos with stars, moons, shiny things, frames and alphabets after the machine took our photos. It had been years since i took a neoprint and i was rather amazed with its improvement in technology although the size of the neoprint remained as small as before.

The gals went shopping at annex after that while KP and i were window shopping. We spent some time looking for a photoshop with a machine that prints out photos from digital cameras after that. Found it in Paragon and we spent some time inserting the SD card before we can use the machine. It was my second time using the machine but didn't realise that we can add frames, calendars or words to the digital photos. After we printed the above photo, Jieli took out 4 notebooks with intricately handmade covers as our early 21st birthday presents since she won't be coming back until the end of this year. I was pleasantly surprised of the effort she put in to design the notebook and she explained the significance of the notebook which is to paste photos in it so that our friends can sign on the book beside the photos, like an album memoir. I was thinking, wow, i wouldn't go to such lengths for a present.

Walked around in Taka for a short while and parted as most of us had our own night programmes. Met up with my JC classmates as always on sat night. We had our dinner at cine food court and escaped from orchard because of

Chingay. There was a lot of people gathering by the side of Orchard road to view the annual street and floats parade. We walked all the way to Suntec and were really tired after that. I had been walking around since afternoon and my back is really sore. Jimmy and Derrick joined us after we arrived at Suntec as they were driving and Orchard road was closed. Some of them wanted to watch I Do, I Do and we bought tickets for the 11.20 pm show. We got rather bored as there was nothing much to do in the 1h 30 mins wait. Spent some time in the arcade and Suntec's sky garden as some of them never went there before. Took a photo of the night cityscape from sky garden.

Went to grab another bite before the show. I Do, I Do is actually a very funny show but the content is like a TV sitcom. Headed home after the show. I found a very good slot for my driving test on 4 mar which is actually in less than 2 weeks time.

Sunday, went to the temple with my mum in the early afternoon and headed to Sim Lim Square for my Samsung lcd monitor as new stock had arrived. The price was less than what i expected as they are having a post CNY promotion and the discounted price is $408, less than the market price by around $25. Bought 50 CD-Rs also as my stash has reduced dramatically after i bought the DVD burner. Went home to put my LCD monitor and went out again to watch a movie with Weiming. Watched A Very Long Engagement which is a really good show. Oscar nominated movies are coming out in bunches every week and i have Million Dollar Baby and Ray yet to watch. Will be watching Closer, Sideways, Howl's Moving Castle next week as well. No $$$$$$..........

A picture of my beloved Samsung LCD monitor

0 comments: