I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Last Lesson in NTU

>> Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I had my last lesson in NTU which is my business elective just now. Relieved is the feeling i would say. Not that the modules this semester are tough, but it's just that 4 years is really a long time and i guess it is time to move on to another stage of life.

I've never really liked studying. The most fun and interesting modules that I took in NTU are Magic Voice in the World of a Singer and Introduction to Black and White Photography. Both of them are electives and i guess none of my core modules made the cut for me. Not that I think all modules should be carefree or entertaining, but I guess my interest in my specialized field had waned long ago for the effort put into the schoolwork to be so reluctant, deliberate and loathsome. Without passion, everything seems like a drudgery and i sure felt it for quite a long time. I feel that i have lost something rather than gained something during the 4 years, it's probably joy or energy. Maybe in the future, i would reminisce the days in university but i do doubt that possibility.

The best thing to come of my uni life is definitely my student exchange. Living in a foreign country for half a year is indeed an experience that i will never forget. How can i ever forget cycling to TU-Delft for lessons along Mercuriusweg and onward to Abtswoudseweg passing through the graffiti and poster clad tunnels, braving the strong winds and enjoying the company in Delft. We toiled together for some really tough exams and traveled to many different countries in Europe. There was work life balance I would say, part enjoyment and part hard work, something that seems quite rare here on this small little island.

Well, I am talking like I have graduated already. That will be official in more than 3 months time (provided i pass all my modules and FYP this semester i hope). Til then, I still have to wrap up my lagging FYP and revise for my upcoming exams.

I can't wait for FYP to end. I can't wait for exams to end. And most importantly, I can't wait to go back to Europe for my month-long grad trip! At least I got something to look forward to.

6 comments:

Janan 12:26 AM  

Mr Eng, I almost cried when you wrote about Delft.

Don't forget the cooking together, the cycling on someone's else back together.

The "we are so going to fail this subject" look when we cycled back, and some of us eventually did :(

Delft was great. Simply a once-in-a-lifetime thing that doesn't come by twice.

And it was all the more better with a meticulous trip planner like you :)

Gunz 12:52 AM  

Hey Janan, ha... yeah... it was a combination of everything that made the experience memorable, the cooking, the camaraderie, traveling, and even the studying.

The failing part was the most depressing part but luckily i was not alone so it felt a little better in that sense. ha...

We should have a Delft get-together after exams. :)

Janan 10:23 AM  

Wah, you said one ah.
I was thinking about that BBQ we mentioned about at your place
Hahahah, also Mau's birthday is around the corner too :)

Gunz 1:41 PM  

Yup, no problem at all. Ok since i will be the host, u be the organiser then. ha...

Janan 11:11 PM  

That one can.
I will also help you with the logistics and the food preparation.
Not bad right :)

Ok ok, I shall go ask around :)

Gunz 12:41 AM  

Ok great!