I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Comex

>> Sunday, September 03, 2006

Went to Comex at Singapore Expo today and was stuck in a traffic jam along Upper Changi Rd East and Expo Drive for almost 1 hour. There were so much traffic that the traffic police blocked the main entrance of the carpark, opening only one side entrance (to avoild jamming the adjacent road also). The journey from my house to Expo took a whopping 1 hour 30 minutes, the same or even shorter if i had took public transport. Didn't expect so many people to be at Expo. Some impatient people had parked their vehicles along Expo Drive (with double yellow lines and zig zag lines) and i saw the traffic police in action, putting white fine receipts on their windscreen. There were around 40 vehicles parked along the 2 sides of the road.

After being stuck in a traffic jam for so long, being stuck in a human jam was not to be condoned so i squeezed my way through the crowd, zipping around in the crowded venue. When i found out that the Samsung ML-1610 was sold out at the Samsung booth, i was devastated. I've gone all the way from west to east to buy the printer and i was determined to buy one. I considered Brother HL-2040 monochrome laser printer with better specifications but it was almost 2 times more expensive.

I got myself a 1 GB SD card and a card reader for $32 and helped Ks get a 512 thumb drive for $23. After speaking to the Samsung booth personnel again, i found out that Bell Systems booth was selling Samsung printers as well and i quickly headed over. To my relief, there was still stock available and i got myself a monochrome laser printer for $99. Mission accomplished.

0 comments: