I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

My Views

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

I would like to reiterate my views which had been published more than a year ago. This post is ever more relevant today in the light of some recent events.

Wisdom of the Day

I shall repeat the content below again as these words can be easily forgotten.

When we are angry we say the most atrocious things. We forget ourselves and become indifferent to what we say. We blast the other person without mercy, although we may not mean those words. But words once spoken cannot be taken back and it takes a long time to forgive and forget. It is very important for us to control ourselves when we are angry. We have to exercise self-control.

Extracted from http://www.geocities.com/lauho08/words.html

Anger sometimes can be a very explosive emotion to deal with. Personally when i cannot control it sometimes, it is written all over my face. I'm not saying that we should always try to suppress anger but there should be sufficient restrain involved. Sometimes, confrontation is inevitable but always try to do so with reason and logic. What different are we from animals if we do not exercise control over irrational behaviour that negatively impacts other people?

2 comments:

Kok Sheng 6:08 AM  

jiayou~! I also face this problem quite often.

Just remember to breath in and out and think about what you say but you actually say it out loud.

Give yourselves time to cool and think logically.

Gunz 3:33 AM  

Yup, agreed. I think it is especially important in the workplace when faced with problems like supervisor woes or work stress related stuff.