I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Race To Witch Mountain

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Watched Race to Witch Mountain in the evening just now with Ys and Qy. The synopsis and review are as follows.

Disney restarts their beloved Witch Mountain franchise with this family-friendly adventure. Dwayne Johnson stars as a taxi driver who gets more than get bargained for when he picks up two teen runaways (AnnaSophia Robb and Alexander Ludwig). Not only does the pair possess supernatural powers, but they're also trying desperately to escape people who have made them their targets.

Race to Witch Mountain is a rather entertaining and exciting show that tries to cover up the nutty story by using lots of action and some special effects. Unfortunately, I was not able to get past the stigma of watching a show with a storyline that is quite preposterous. Fortunately, there is quite a lot of action, albeit tamer and less violent, to offer with the numerous chase scenes.

Also, the cast is quite likable with Dwayne Johnson and the two affable kids who sometimes tend to sputter out technical gibberish. This Disney live action show about alien invasion is not just kiddy crap as it is quite heartwarming at times but it is strictly family film fare.

For its kid-geared genre, the movie does quite a decent job but myself as an adult audience, I seek more than just safe, heartwarming, family friendly stuff.

***

2 comments:

Anonymous 6:26 AM  

I suppose I have seen too much of "The Rock" to forget about him in this movie. I was a bit disappointed after reading reviews and then going to see it, but all in all, I think it hits home with its target audience.

Gunz 12:29 AM  

Agreed