I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Researching and Planning

>> Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ok... Doing research on Europe made me interested in some of the cities that I had never heard previously. One of them is Kraków. It is the 'cultural capital' of Poland and there seems to be full of interesting architecture and beautiful sights in the city. Auschwitz is located about 60 km away from Kraków and the World War 2 concentration camp is well known for the heinous crimes committed there.

Wieliczka Salt Mine is another tourist attraction near Kraków and one of UNESCO World Heritage sites. The underground mine features a 3.5-km. tourist route (less than 1% of the length of the mine's passages) that includes statues of historic and mythic figures, all sculpted by miners out of the rock salt. Also featured are beautifully carved chambers, chapels, an underground lake, and exhibits on the history of salt mining.

Interesting indeed, I have to go Kraków to see it for myself.

0 comments: