I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

He's Just Not That Into You

>> Sunday, February 22, 2009

Watched He's Just Not That Into You with my jc friends yesterday. I'll never watch movie when i'm sitting front row seats at Causeway point ever again. I had sore neck when the movie ended which resulted in a bit of a headache. Anyway, back to the synopsis and review of the movie.

Based on a self-help book written by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo concerning the ever-widening gap between genders and the misunderstandings that often arise between couples. In one of stories, Gigi who can't seem to get a firm grip on the men in her life pursues an advice columnist who never quite knew what he wanted in a relationship.

I expected this movie to be more of a comedy than romance movie judging from the trailer but i received more of the latter instead. I am not saying that this movie is not funny but the best moments of this movie are already in the 2 trailers (Trailer 1, Trailer 2). This movie is entertaining and comical to a certain extent.

It professes to be a romance guru movie but i do doubt some of the advices given due to the numerous stereotypical roles in the movie. My eyes rolled when an actor in the movie proclaimed that "a girl doesn't love you if she doesn't sleep with you after she has gone out with you for a month". And I wonder why teenage promiscuity is on the rise considering the type of media they are exposed to.

Besides some cliched dialogue, the cast generally is quite likable comprising of Scarlett Johansson, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly and Ben Affleck, etc. The love stories are light on depth and saccharine on taste. They are like an assortment of desserts, appealing and nice to look at, draws people in due to the romantic factor, but is ultimately forgettable.

**1/2


0 comments: