I wanna go…



Santorini | Valletta | Giza | Istanbul



Cesky Krumlov | Seville | Sofia | Mostar



Bilbao | Petra | Moscow | Pula
I wanna watch…

I'm listening to...

Leaving Delft

>> Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In 2 days time, I will be leaving my home for the past 6 months. There have been ups and downs during my exchange and one thing for sure is that my exchange has been very busy.

List of Modules cleared in TU-Delft

1. Vibrations of Aerospace Structures
2. Flight Dynamics I
3. Dynamics and Stability
4. Thermodynamics and Gas Turbines
5. Sustainable Development for Aerospace Engineers
6. Thermodynamics and Compressible Aerodynamics
7. Supersonic Windtunnel Exercise
8. Air Transportation and Systems I & II

Normally people take fewer modules during exchange so that they will have time to travel and immerse in other countries' culture but we have to take so many modules or else we will 'die a horrible death' in year 4. On top of taking so many modules, there is no moderation to our final grade and as a result, we are again forced to study even harder. There would have been 1 more module added to the list above but unfortunately, some of us failed that particular module which is Aircraft Structural Analysis I. I was very lucky to have passed Thermodynamics and Compressible Aerodynamics though.

Anyway besides studying, we traveled a lot as well and below is the list of places that I had visited in the last 6 months.

1. Netherlands: Amsterdam, Den Haag, Rotterdam, Leiden, Delft, Weesp, Muiden, Kinderdijk, Keukenhof, Scheveningen
2. Poland: Krakow, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Wieliczka
3. Belgium: Brussels, Antwerp
4. Italy: Bergamo, Venice, Treviso, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Milan
5. France: Paris, Versailles, Chamonix, Evian
6. Germany: Berlin, Heidelberg, Speyer
7. Austria: Vienna
8. Czech Republic: Prague
9. Switzerland: Basel, Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Thun, Meringen, Lausanne, Montreux, Sion, Berne
10. Sweden: Stockholm
11. Spain: Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Girona, Barcelona, Valencia
12. Portugal: Porto, Espinho, Aveiro, Povoa de Varzim
13. UK: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Inverness
14. Ireland: Dublin, Howth

I guess I had enough of traveling in the meantime and I will be doing a stopover in London for 5 days before heading back to Singapore on 29 July (will reach Singapore on 30th July afternoon).

It has been a really hectic exchange which we had been studying intensively and traveling intensively as well.

I'll miss Delft and the memories that we had here.

2 comments:

Janan 3:45 PM  

I completely second your opinion.

It was intense but fun.

No regrets about coming here even though we did not make it for Structures despite studying so hard for it.

Some things are simply beyond our control :)

Gunz 7:17 AM  

yup...